It may not be commonly known, but Embarcadero’s DBArtisan (a database management tool) will NOT work with Openclient 15. Did you know that there is a way for you to enjoy Openclient v15 and DBArtisan? This will allow you to retain the system wide settings for v15 of Sybase Openclient:
- You need to install v12.5 Openclient (or just copy the %SYBASE% directory from a machine with Openclient v12.5 installed).
- Create a text file called DBArtisan.cmd , replacing the paths and the name of the dbartisan executable as necessary:
@echo off set SYBASE=C:\Sybase12.5 set SYBASE_OCS=OCS-12_5 set SYBASE_SYSAM=SYSAM-2_0 set SYBROOT=C:\Sybase12.5 set SYBASE_JS=JS-12_5 set SYBASE_JRE=C:\sybase12.5\Shared\Sun\jre142 start "C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\DBA813" DBArt813.exe
- Create a short cut to the DBArtisan.cmd file with the right clicking on the file and choosing "Create Shortcut"
- If you want the shortcut to use the same icon as DBArtisan:
- right click on the file, choose "Properties"
- "Change Icon"
- Replace text with "%ProgramFiles%\Embarcadero\DBA813\DBArt813.exe" or wherever your DBArtisan executable is
- Choose the icon and hit "OK"