Moderation Guidelines – Using Sybase Newsgroups
TeamSybase provides moderation services to all Sybase newsgroups, and will enforce good usage rules for the forums. Please do not post content that is inappropriate for the forums topic or offensive to others.
Offensive postings will be removed in the following cases:
- When a the content of the posting is not relevant to the newsgroup within which it is posted. Advertisements, Help Wanted Ads, etc should be posted in the news.classifieds newsgroups.
- When the posting contains profanity, obscenities, racist remarks or is abusive of another forum member in any manner.
- When the posting is of a personal nature or contains personal information about a forum member.
- When the posting contains an attachment that contains a virus or is otherwise incomplete.
- When the posting has been added to every newsgroup for no apparent reason.
Postings will NOT remove postings in the following cases:
- When the posting contains constructive criticism of one of our products. This criticism may generate a conversation that could prove to be useful in shaping our products in the future.
- When the message has been cross posted to multiple newsgroups but the contents make it relevant for those newsgroups.