Western Digital released firmware upgrade 1.04.10 yesterday (November 27th) for the Western Digital WD TV Live Network-ready HD Media Player and Western Digital WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player. This caused the media players (little boxes that hook up to the tv) to no longer see some network media servers such as Playon from MediaMall Technologies.
There is currently no fix but we do have a workaround: downgrade the firmware to 1.03.49. Don’t worry it is very easy.
- Download the firmware from Western Digital
- Unzip the file to a USB thumb drive (make sure you put it in the top directory)
- Insert the thumb drive into the WD box
- Press the Home button (blue button)
- Upgrade the firmware (note that the version number displayed for the old firmware will show up as a larger number – this is necessary for it to downgrade the firmware)
- That’s it