SAP Sybase has recently made available a mini course called “Getting started with SAP Sybase IQ server” for you to learn IQ, a major data warehouse product. Do yourself a favor and learn IQ. There aren’t enough IQ DBAs in the world… YET!
This how-to booklet will help you learn the basics and get started with SAP Sybase IQ as quickly as possible. You do not need to go through all of the lessons. After completing the first three sections you will have a running SAP Sybase IQ database (Don’t worry…the course comes with a database schema and data ready to load).
- Introduction to SAP Sybase IQ
- Product Installation and Database Creation
- Create Schema and Load Data
You can then pick and choose from the remaining lessons, based on your interest:
- Optimize a Query using the SAP Sybase IQ Query Plan
- Scaling Out with Multiplex and Distributed Query Processing
- Monitoring SAP Sybase IQ with Sybase Control Center
- Row-Level Versioning
Please download the zip file for all the ” Metadata, Data and Queries for Lessons in the Quick Start Guide ”
To benefit from this book, you should be familiar with the following concepts:
- Relational database systems
- Database schemas